I am so excited to finally be posting this recipe since it is one that I ended up loving way more than I thought. Before going
One Sunday night I was craving something, but I couldn’t figure out what. It wasn’t an actual craving of me being hungry. I truly just had a desire to bake something. If I was going to bake, however, I told myself it needed to remain Keto-friendly. I opened the bottom drawer next to my stove and saw my muffin pan. There it was, staring me in the face. It was time to make myself some good Keto-friendly blueberry muffins.
Keto-Friendly Blueberry Muffins
- Muffin Tin
- Mixing Bowl
- Muffin Tin Liners
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 6 Tbs Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Blueberries
- 2.5 Tbs Keto-Friendly Sweetener of Choice
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbs Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a muffin tin fitted with liners. I like to use my mini muffin tin, which will give me about 12-15 mini muffins. If you're using a regular muffin tin, this will yieled about 6. Grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients: Almond flour, salt, baking powder, sweetener. Make sure they are all mixed well.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs lightly. You can then start adding your heavy cream and beaten eggs to the dry ingredient mixture. You will want to mix this until well combined. The batter should be thick, but still yield some movement. If your batter is too thick, you can add more heavy cream.
- Next you want to gently fold in the blueberries so that they don't get smashed in the batter.
- Next pour your batter into the muffin liners, making sure to fill no more than 3/4 of each liner full. This allows for the muffin to grow and rise in the oven.
- If you are making mini muffins, these usually take anywhere from 12-15 minutes in the oven at 350 F. Otherwise in a normal size muffin tin, these will take 25 minutes. Once you can insert a toothpick, and it shows clean, the muffins baked! Don't forget to let them cool!
Each mini muffin contains roughly 2 net carbs per serving. Double that and you have roughly 4 net carbs per serving for regular size muffins.
These are such a delicious breakfast anytime snack treat! Also, if you haven’t already, don’t forget to check out my delicious Keto pancake recipe as well!
Hope you enjoy these as much as I do!