Fall is right around the corner…and truthfully speaking I don’t know how much longer I am going to be able to contain my excitement! Fall is by far my favorite season of the year. There is something about the cloudy skies,
BUT. Before I jump into pumpkins and sunflowers, I want to to share this perfect end of summer cucumber salad. The best part is that it just so happens to be Keto-friendly and gluten-free, how cool is that? Did I mention how yummy it is too? There is something about fresh cucumbers and dill in a yummy sauce on a warm summer’s night. Let’s dive in!
Cucumber Salad (Keto & Gluten-Free)
- 7 Mini Cucumbers
- ½ Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp Distilled White Vinegar
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tsp Fresh or Dried Dill Either one works
- ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
- After washing your mini cucumbers they can be sliced to the thickness of your choice. I happen to like thicker chunks of cucumbers, but if you like thinner, slice thinner!
- Once all the cucumbers are sliced, mix in the dry ingredients (salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dill). Doing it this way allows the seasoning to adhere to the cucumbers, enhancing the fresh cucumber flavor. I find the most flavors come through this way, instead of adding the wet ingredients to the cucumbers first.
- Once all the dry ingredients are mixed well with with the fresh cucumbers, the sour cream and vinegar can be added. Fold in the sour cream and vinegar until all cucumbers are coated evenly. That's it!
This salad is perfect as a side, the main course, you choose! Honestly, the salad could be embellished even more by adding in some tomatoes and feta for a heartier dish! There you have it, two simple recipes in one! If you’re looking for more yummy healthy recipes, don’t forget to check out my awesome kale chip recipe! Even better, if you’re looking for more keto tips, Karla and Spencer from Coffee, Strollers and Sand have a great post about necessities for a keto kitchen.
Let’s not forget as I preached earlier, Fall is practically here. Prepare for the abundance of all things autumn posts coming soon. 🙂
Adios for now,